Saturday, April 23, 2011

Prayers- the spiritual way

Over the years, I have learned that prayers come in all forms. As a child, praying was something you did to a mysterious huge man in the sky. Asking for this and that, prayer for help, safety, hope.
Different belief systems have held a magnifying glass over each other to pick apart and dissect each other to validate themselves.
What is understood is that we are from different tribes. We all see different truths.


The question is "Why Pray". What does it accomplish?
As an adult and evolved spirituality, I no longer concern myself with who I'm talking to but why. Sometimes we miss the point.
Humans have taken it into their mission to define everything. But that distracts us from the essence of prayer.
Prayer is a focus of energy.
To envision one who needs our strengths and lift him/or her.
Prayers come in different forms.
They can be songs, dance, thoughts, art, anything in which you become a vessel or translator.
This past year, I've written 3 prayers, no music. psalms.
Here is a prayer that I wrote for hope;

"I see you, working your way, through heartaches and confusion.
Don't despair. It's all around you, broken and wilted.
Listen for the truth. I see you."
*************
This is repeated until, I'm no longer called to sing it.

I see you. You are are here, you are not alone, I see your struggle. I lift you up.
Life is hard, hurtful,and emotional. Don't worry, we are all suffering. Be still and listen for the truth because it is around you.
When a thought of someone comes into your head, if you feel that this prayer will help them along their way, sing it.
I sing it for so many people. I've sung it for myself, when I've needed strength.

My 2nd prayer, I wrote for love.

"Morning came and love slipped away.
The dreams that we dreamed have, melted in the day.
How can we stand, if, we're just blown away.
For the world is full of heartaches.
And our lives just fade."

I sing this when I miss my husband, or for struggling relationships I come across. In encourage women to sing this for love.

The 3rd prayer, I wrote for my teenage daughters. It works to help get out stagnate energy. When someone needs something, but doesn't know what.

"Please, tell me what you need and if there is a way, I will be the one to claim to sun.
Give, all you will to me and I'll be the one that loves you, through all pain,
I will lift you high, as dreams turn to rain.
Come to me.
And love me for the way, I love you.
Lend me your light, and I'll shine for you.
For the love. For the love. For the love."

When you hear music and your body wants to dance. Listen.
Dance is a spiritual movement of energy. Let your body translate the rhythm and words.
Dancing is a prayer.
Do not look around when you dance, for you are praying. It is not for you to be concerned with how others judge you. It is not for them. It is worship.

When you put your hand to paper, or to earth. When your mind is still.
This is prayer.
Use prayer to uplift. If you get negative thoughts about someone or something. Clear these negative energies with prayers.
Sing one of the prayers, here. Or make your own. Give it power.
You will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment